The Victoria Chapter participated in the Victoria Spring Home Show on the last weekend of April, after two years of Covid delays. Over this three day event, approximately 200 people got a chance to learn about incentives for energy efficiency measures in their homes, thanks to BCSEA’s energetic volunteers!
A very popular display was the prototype Electrom electric bike that we had on display – the creation of local designer and e-bike enthusiast Fabrizio “Tig” Cross.
One volunteer reported: “My take is visitors are seeking:
- Human connection, especially after all the isolation this pandemic has brought on
- To alleviate fears around the process: knowing they have support as they navigate their sustainability journey
- Community with those who share similar values
- Resources to support changes
- Acknowledgement of what they have done and where they are going in their sustainability journey”
Thanks to our volunteers who work hard to make each event successful and certainly did so this time connecting with attendees!